Before the start of a new year, I spend time reflecting, praying, and asking for guidance. I also ask for a phrase or a word that will help me to pursue to my goals and dreams and to help me ‘live with purpose.’ Last year the phrase that came to me was “expand your circles”. I was diligent in doing that all year long and will continue to do so this coming year. Having said that, when I asked for a new phrase or word to guide me in 2017, over the course of about three days the word ‘decide’ presented itself to me in several ways. It kept popping into my head. I saw ads that made me think about making decisions, and a feeling of hope and excitement kept bubbling up when I thought about what I want to accomplish this coming year and it was clear to me that in order for any of it to happen that I needed to ‘decide’ it will happen.
There is no doubt in my mind that once I decide to do something, I can do it. In looking back on my life, whatever I have accomplished has always been the result of me deciding to do it in the first place. Likewise, things that have gone off the rails have done so because I also made a decision. I may have decided to not follow through, to ignore my goals, to not listen to that little voice inside, or to just do what didn’t serve me. But in the end, it was always me who decided. I get that now like I have never gotten it before!!! So here is to 2017 and to me deciding that it will be my best year yet!
Here are five tips to help you to decide on making 2017 your best year too:
1. DECIDE to release anything that no longer serves you. Excess weight, excess debt, toxic relationships, complacency, or whatever else is holding you back. Take time this next week, identify it, own it, and then release it. It’s a great time to clear the clutter from your heart and soul. Whenever we release stuff that holds us back, we make room for the new.
2. DECIDE to do the best you can with what you have from where you are. If you want to make a career change, or to evolve your life in anyway, begin with where you are at. Be the best you can be. Bring the best energy into the room wherever you go. This will attract the best people and the best opportunities to you. Like attracts like.
3. DECIDE to make a difference. Each one of us can find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. We can make a difference for people case by case and we can do it one to many. But do it. Find what brings you passion and get out there and make a difference. Give of your time, skills, expertise and change the world. Every effort, big or small, makes a difference.
4. DECIDE you are worth it. Give yourself permission to be all that you can be. Invest in education, a makeover, developing a talent or skill, making more money or whatever else speaks to your heart. Decide that you are worth every penny you spend on yourself. Be responsible of course, but also allow yourself to invest in you!
5. DECIDE this year will be your best. Claim it. Own it. DO IT!
Have a wonderful 2017! I am rooting for you! #2017 #Decide #Victory